The New Nokia E6, Qwerty & Touchscreen In One Device
Today Nokia launched the Nokia E6, a compact QWERTY and touch device aimed at business and general users who need to get things done while they’re on the move. Busy emailers rejoice – there’s now a new Symbian business device that you can operate single-handed.
The QWERTY and touch experience on the Nokia E6 offers faster navigation and operation than either a pure touch or keyboard-only system. Here are some of the specs:
– 2.46-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen offering 16mn colours and a resolution of 640 by 480 pixels.
– Screen made of Corning Gorilla Glass for great durability.
– 8-megapixel full focus (EDOF) camera has a dual-LED flash, 2X digital zoom (3X in video mode) and offers HD 720p video recording at 25fps.
– Comes with 8GB of internal memory and support for MicroSD cards up to 32GB.
– The battery is a removable Nokia BP-4L 1500mAH – rated for up to a month on standby and 7h30m talk-time over 3G – longer over GSM connections.
– Offers Pentaband 2G/3G network support for world travellers and WiFi connectivity through 802.11 b/g/n.
– Bluetooth 3.0 with support for stereo headphones.
The device measures 115.5 x 59 x 10.5mm and weighs 133g.
The Nokia E6 comes with free global walk and drive navigation through the latest Ovi Maps. It also comes with free push email and IM, providing you have a data plan. The latest Symbian operating system now comes with five home screens, an improved browser and redesigned interface (there’s more info on Symbian Anna here). Bundled software includes QuickOffice, World Traveler, JoikuSpot Premium and F-Secure Mobile Security.
The Nokia E6 is expected to ship in Q2 2011 – before taxes and subsidies it will cost €340. North American availability is expected in Q3.